Travel Gallery

Sunday 26 June 2011

Flights. Camera. Action


So I'm sitting in the garden on a beautiful summers day in the UK with my sisters laptop, a couple of national geographic magazines and some sunlotion, pondering about everything which lays ahead. Primarily I'm hoping that we'll experience some gorgeous weather like we are today.
Whilst sitting in the sun, it has occured to me however that some of you bright sparks out there may have noticed that even though our blog is titled 'The Travelling Filmmakers', we haven't once mentioned any filming... I think it's time for me to explain.

My intention is capture as much of this trip in motion as possible so that we can take everyone following this blog on our adventure as well. For the last 4 holidays I've been on with my friends, I've taken my camera along with me and produced a short video at the end of it. They absolutely hated me filming them, but conceded upon seeing the final result that it was a great idea and why didn't I tell them it would be good?!?! It makes a great souvenir, and I was thrilled with their reaction to the films. It's better than any photo. So with this in mind, I thought I'd put to use my film making skills to use, and create what I hope to be an exciting, gripping experience in film.

My weapon of choice, is the Canon 7D. This digital SLR camera has been kicking around the market for a couple of years now but is still a great camera! Its compact size, linked up with it's HD movie mode and a jawdropping range of canon lenses makes it the perfect candidate for the job! So with the help of fellow filmmakers Gabs and George, and with added moments of genius/hilarity from Dom and Tom, we should have some decent films on our hands.

If all goes to plan there should be video up before we leave, and you'll have loads once we get back. During our trip, the blogs will continue with the aid of some beautiful photography (fingers crossed). In the meantime, you can get a taste of the action by viewing "No Bull". The link for which is at the bottom of the blog. This is the film I produced while in South Africa and is a taster of things to come!

Ewan.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment